Friday, February 3, 2012

Healing and grief


So I am continuing to follow in the news about Carol Anne and her family. There was a very nice interview with Max Keeping on CBC Radio. He talked about his own story of healing from cancer and how others were there for him - close by and in the community. Carol Anne was there for him.

As he said Carol Anne and the kids will grow from this time of loss. Grieving as a community figure is difficult but there is also lots and lots of support.

I have been watching again my DVDs of Everwood - a family and medical drama. There is lots of healing happening.

Yesterday I went to a short morning seminar entitled Befriending death. I met up with some friends there and we had some time to share.

The priest from England talked about Good Friday and Easter - which now are not so far away on the calendar. I am reminded again of our former rector’s favourite quote - We are Easter people and Alleluia is our song.

P.S. I went looking for some labels for this post on my blog but I soon realized that they were not needed because I write so often about death and life - that is my life and what touches me.

No comments: