Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Abracadabra: a getting ready for winter adventure


Abracadabra: a getting ready for winter adventure

The weather has been quite warm this fall but I have been busy preparing my warm winter coat for some time now.

I have a regular schedule of riding activities with my mom and also in lessons. This is supposed to keep me in shape.

Quite often I get rather warm and my coat gets wet - actually I get hot and sweaty. This happens even during a brisk trot around the ring several times with my mom.

This is most undignified. I get to wear my green fleece blanket regularly. It fits quite nicely and is cozy. When it gets colder my mom brings out my bright blue wool one with the yellow trim.

A fur trim had been suggested for some time so that I did not get so hot. So the other day it all happened rather quickly.

The clippers went down my front and my front legs and around my back legs and even my tummy and both my ears. I was very relaxed and not bothered at all by all this attention. I did jump a little when a ticklish part of my tummy was reached.

The clippers moved very quickly and were not too noisy. Hair was flying in all directions and both my mom who was holding me - not a difficult job at all - and Walter using the clippers were well covered in grey hair. Did I hear someone sneeze?

So after this adventure I was ready to check out the long term forecast. Is it going to be a cold or a warm winter? I am already for anything and of course when the days start to get longer I start to shed my coat anyway.

But before that time I must get my Christmas list ready for Santa. Does he have an email address?

Love and horsy hugs - until next time

Abracadabra

No comments: