Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Curtains and memories

In my living and dining room I have some very practical pink and blue curtains that I have a special connection to. The other curtains in my house are just curtains.

Present:
It has been hot this summer and I often keep the curtains closed.

Past:
My mom made these curtains the first summer I lived in the house. I can still see her with all the material stretched out on the floor being measured and then cut.

Present:
Yesterday it rained for a short period when I was napping somewhere else. The window was open and the curtains got wet. They dried very quickly being of a substantial cotton material.

Past:
On September 11 2001 I was at home and hemming the lining of these curtains and watching CBC Newsworld - as it was known then.

Present:
The curtains are somewhat faded now but I am not thinking about replacing them any time soon - there are just too many memories associated with them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would not plan on replacing them either.

Wolfie