Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Remembering Bishop



A little write-up about him that I sent to a horse magazine for an article on grieving the loss of a horse.

The picture is now on the wall at Greenbelt where he lived.

*****

When her 16 year old Canadian gelding Du Coteau Remi Bishop was euthanized, Vicki Milnes of Ottawa, found comfort in routines. She cleaned his tack and organized his gear. “It all helped me to grieve him. I have a book of pictures that my sister gave me that I appreciate and his leather halter. It has his name on it and I wasn’t going to use it again but then I thought, it’s all part of the process. Abracadabra (her current horse) wears it now.” Also helpful was remembering the good times and his unique personality. “Realizing that he was the horse for me at that stage of my life and now Abracadabra is the horse for me at this stage really helped too”. 




No comments: