Thursday, October 13, 2011

Clothing and other items: labelling

I was looking at the list of clothing in the 1963/1964 Trafalgar prospectus. The boarder’s outfit clearly states that every article must be plainly marked with owner’s name.


The notice on Camp Ouareau’s web site states plainly - all articles must be labelled or marked. No trunk or luggage over 15” - they must fit under the camp bed. I do remember that note from my time at camp - I wonder if they are the same beds.

A suggested extra - stuffed animals can go to camp. I have photographic proof that Ruthie Rabbit went to both Traf and Camp Ouareau.

At camp no electronic devices are welcomed. At Traf I had a small radio and also a record player - that certainly dates my time there!

At Greenbelt there are many horses and many horsy items all around. Lockers and brackets for holding saddles are well labelled. Even so things sometimes go missing but they most usually turn up again soon and hopefully in good condition.
Abracadabra has some of her items labelled - the clips to hold her winter blanket, her warm weather blanket and her halter. It is quite a safe place to keep stuff even though there are lots of kids around.

No comments: